How to tell if a website selling The Original Muck Boot Company® product is legitimate?
THE PROBLEM: An increasing number of websites "scrape" our site and its images, copy, and logo and set up a page that mimics the look and feel of muckbootcompany.com and then targets high percentage promotions on social channels. These sites are run by scammers who will charge your credit card and then either: send you nothing or possibly something totally unrelated like socks.
SHOP SAFE TIPS:
- Is it an authorized store listed on our Store Locator?
- Is the URL suspect? muckbootcompany.com is the ONLY ecommerce site run by The Original Muck Boot Company® store; we do not have any online outlet or discount shops set up under different or similar URLs. We do sell to other legitimate third parties and you should feel safe shopping from any of those sites we link to from either our country selector or dealer locator page.
- If the price discount looks too good to be true, it is.
- Contact email should not be a commercial email provider (e.g. hotmail.com, gmail.com, yahoo.com) rather than a corporate address.
- Policies such as shipping, refund, etc. are written poorly or don't make sense.
- Check the reviews on the website you are shopping. Our site has many reviews which can be found here https://www.muckbootcompany.com/pages/product-and-site-reviews
- Call our US Customer Care team a 1-855-377-BOOT (2668) if you are on another website and are unsure if it is our verified site. We are here to answer any questions you may have.
- If you should find a fraudulent site or if you have experienced fraud, you can report it here: https://www.bbb.org/scamtracker/us/
PURCHASED ON A ILLEGITIMATE WEBSITE: Please contact your credit card company immediately.